Yoga and Chiropractic: Each Helps the Other
Yoga has become quite popular lately. Perhaps taking it up has become a part of your health plan. If so, you’re one of over 20 million people who have found lots of good reasons to do so: Yoga increases flexibility and mobility. Those who practice yoga find they are better able to handle stress. Yoga also creates stronger, leaner bodies. It helps to lower blood pressure and strengthens the body’s core muscles.
We find that yoga and chiropractic go together quite well, each one making the other one more beneficial. Here are some ways:
- Yoga tones the body to prepare it for deep chiropractic healing by stretching and releasing muscles that have been restricted for long periods of time.
- Chiropractic opens up the body’s energy blockages structurally so that the energy work accomplished by yoga is more effective.
- Yoga increases range of motion so the chiropractor can go deeper with his treatments and get the body on its way to healing much more quickly.
- Yoga helps the spine remain supple so chiropractic adjustments “hold” longer.
- Chiropractic restores proper motion to the spine so that yoga can help the person achieve greater muscle tone, flexibility, range of motion and strength than would be possible with yoga alone.
Patients who get chiropractic adjustments and practice yoga together find that they receive the expected benefits from both disciplines faster than if they use only one. Both are designed to help with flexibility, balance, and increased mobility. However, both of them approach it in different ways. As each one supports the other, the result is a more effective, more well-balanced treatment.
Please call us if you have any questions about how we can help you with chiropractic care at 864-963-9304.
Photo courtesy of Fezbot2000 on Unsplash.