Young Athletes: The Benefits of Chiropractic
This time of year finds many young people in sports training, a rigorous game schedule, or gearing up for competitions. While all those are great opportunities, they do put a lot of strain on the body. Many school-aged children and teen athletes are already experiencing injuries and chronic pain. Most traditional treatments for these complaints will only mask the underlying issue and may include addictive substances as well. Chiropractic care, instead, works to find the source of the problem and heal the issue itself rather than just doing symptom control.
Athletes: Why Chiropractic Care is a Good Choice
- Chiropractic can keep kids in their game. Athletes are always wanting to improve. Keeping their spine in good alignment is an excellent way to gain the maximum benefit from the workout routines they put in.
- Chiropractic is non-invasive. None of the procedures used by a chiropractor involves techniques such as surgery. Non-invasive care helps to avoid or lessen recovery time.
- Chiropractic can help to avoid future pain. By learning how to prevent muscle sprains/strains or soft tissue damage in the first place, young athletes are learning how to keep their bodies functioning into their later years.
- Chiropractic can teach how to increase range of motion. Stretching and flexibility exercises help athletes to function at the peak of their game without injury.
At Marone Family Chiropractic we use a number of methods to help keep athletes healthy. These are some of the most common:
- Chiropractic adjustments—to help improve communication between the brain and the body. Adjustments also help the body to heal from previous injury while helping to avoid new injuries in the future.
- Pain relief modalities—such as electrical stimulation and ultrasound will help to heal current injuries.
- Nutrition Counseling—helps athletes to develop strong bones and healthy muscles. Good nutrition also helps to maintain the energy levels needed for peak performance.
- Weight Loss—if needed to function optimally.
To help your young athlete stay on top of his or her game, consider chiropractic care as a part of their training regimen. Call our office at 864-963-9304 for a free consultation.