7 Tips for Success in Your Weight Loss This Year
We’ve begun a new year! Have you set weight loss as a part of your new goals? Follow these tips to help you in your new endeavor.
- Write down all of the reasons why you want to lose weight—all of the things that will keep you motivated and focused. Read the list every day. Post it on the fridge and other places where you will see it throughout the day.
- All diets come to an end. Prepare for the end of the diet as well as you prepare for the beginning. Be sure you have plans in place to adopt a healthy lifestyle after the diet is completed.
- Develop habits that can help, not hinder, you in your goals. If your goal is to exercise first thing in the morning, lay out your exercise clothes the night before. If you want to eat healthier, be sure that you have healthy foods at arm’s reach. Put a bowl of fruit on the counter at home or healthy snacks in your top desk drawer at work.
- Keep tabs on your hunger level. Rate it on a scale of 1-10. When you are about a 5, eat a snack. The goal is to keep you from getting overly hungry where you will be more tempted to binge.
- Studies show that when we are sleep deprived, hormonal changes take place that make us feel hungrier. Be sure to get enough sleep. Seven to nine hours is ideal.
- Eat at home as much as possible. Restaurants design their food to taste good, not to help you lose weight!
- Serve your food in courses. Rather than piling all your food on a plate at the same time, serve them one at a time. Begin with a soup and filling vegetables, such as a salad. By the time you have finished with these and are ready for the more calorie-dense foods (meat and dessert), you will already be near full or already full.
And, here is a bonus tip: Use a lot of blue—on tablecloths, dishes, the walls, etc. Blue acts as an appetite suppressant. (How many fast-food restaurants do you see using blue? They’re going to use yellow, red, and orange to encourage you to eat, so these are the colors you should avoid in your own eating areas.)
If you are looking for a plan to shed those extra holiday pounds or more, please give our office a call to see if our ChiroThin Weight Loss Program would be right for you. Our patients average 20-35 pound weight loss in just 42 days! We would love to have you join the ranks of successful newly-thin people.